As a leading provider of Professional Development Services, we take pride in offering quality, outcome-oriented and strength focused human services, early childhood, classroom and youth services training, along with program development.
Executive Director, Brenda Garrett, MEd, has worked with children and families for more than 25 years, in social work, mental health parenting education and the classroom. Always searching for ways to make more of a difference, Brenda and her team of certified parent educators are dedicated to sharing powerful tools to help families and youth achieve meaningful goals, ultimately leading to more happy fulfilled lives. Afterall, isn't that the real reason we do this work?
Brenda earned her Masters in Education from the College of William & Mary; she is a Certified Positive Discipline Parent and Classroom Educator, and Nurturing Parent Educator. She has worked with thousands of families and children over the years in a variety of settings, and understands first hand, the myriad of challenges each family must face and overcome on their path in life.
Learn more about Positive Discipline, an internationally recognized curriculum for working with parents, early childhood educators, youth workers, classroom teachers and human service professionals.
- Certification in Positive Discipline - Parent Educator Training
- Human Services Professional Development - Foundational Positive Discipline tools for working w/ children and families at risk (through Intensive In-home, Case Management, Outpatient Counseling, Inpatient Treatment and more
- Trauma Informed Care across service systems
- Positive Discipline in Early Childhood and School-age classrooms; and Child Care settings
- Positive Guidance & De-escalation Skill Training in youth development and afterschool settings
- Connecting with Children with Special Needs
- Parenting Workshops and Training Series. Topics may include: "Stop Arguing with Your Kids"; "Overcoming Homework Hassles and More," "The Magic of the Early Years," "Parenting Challenging Teens," "Parenting Children with Special Needs" and more.
See Training Events page for upcoming workshops, or call to discuss organizing a training opportunity for your staff or parent group.
757-291-2514 or firstname.lastname@example.org